A Privacy Notice is a statement that discloses some or all of the ways in which the practice gathers, uses, discoses annd manages a patient's data. It fulfils a legal requirement to protect a patient privacy .
Updated Privacy Notices will take effect immediately in preparation for the GDPR ( General Data Protection Regulation), a new data protection law that comes into force on 25th May 2018.
We will continue to hold and use your persoinal data responsibly, and update will help you better understand why we collect information and how we use it. Below is the summary of the policy. For further and detailed information, please select the relevant links below.
How We Use Your Medical Records
Important Information For Patients
- This practice handles medical records in -line with laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with those who are involved in providing you with care and treatment.
- In some circumstances we will also share medical records for medical research, for example to find out more about why people get ill.
- We shre information when the law requires us to do so, for example, to prevent infectious diseases from spreading or to check the care being provided to you is safe.
- You have the right to be given a copy of your medical record.
- You have the right to object to your medical records being shared with those who provide you with care.
- You have the right to object to your information being used for medical research and to plan health services.
- You have the right to have any mistakes corrected and to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office. Please see the practice privacy notices below or speak to member of staff for more information
Privacy-notice-1 Dr Malik Practice How we use Information to Provide you health care.docx
Privacy-Notice-2_How information is used for Medical Research and National Clinical Audits.docx
Privacy-notice-3_Dr Malik Practice How Information is shared.docx
Privacy-notice-4Dr.Malik Practice National Screening Programme.docx
NHS Prescription Authories.pdf
Privacy Notice Direct Care - Emergencies.doc
GDPR Children's Poster 1.1.pdf
Our website is provided by Neighbourhood Direct Limited( a member of Oldroyd Publishing Group Limited) in partnership with Myria Limited and uses the GP Fusion GP website System